Well you can see the nerdy former Civics teacher in me by the title of this post. However, I realized the other day that I explained that by blogging, I would be able to keep everyone updated on the current state of things, yet I didn't really explain where we currently are. So, this blog purposes to be informational and to let you know where things are.
The Adoption: We are currently in a state of "hurry up and wait" (which will likely be the norm for us throughout this process). We are waiting on the FBI to complete the background checks. This could take up to twelve weeks. We're around five weeks in. Once the background check comes back, the documentation will go to be translated into French and will then move into the hands of the Haitian government. I fully expect that to be a fairly long process. However, it makes sense to me for our babies to arrive this summer. But as I well know, my time and God's time are not always the same. I know that He's an on-time God, so I'll trust His judgment (like I really have a choice)! :)
My Sister's Trip: She is currently in Capetown, South Africa, where she will spend a few weeks in ministry. After being in some of the most remote places on Earth, she is excited to be in quasi-modern civilization. This will be her last month in Africa (this is month 7 of 11). She'll finish the last four months in Asia-I'm not completely sure which countries she'll be in yet- then return home at the end of May or first of June. I am so amazed at her experiences and what she's learned. Continue to pray for her and her team as they minister to people around the world!
My Mom: My mom is doing awesome! She's back to running now, of course. Once the doctor cleared her, she was back into the exercise thing. She'll get a few more "fills" over the next few months (putting saline into the spacers that are currently in her breasts), and then have the implants put in. At that point it will be done. We're just so thankful that no more treatment is necessary!
Our Family's Current Events: Jason is still going to school and working toward his Superintendent's license. He's got at least a few more semesters. He's considering continuing through the Doctoral program and getting that Doctorate degree. I'm so proud of him and his hard work! He wants to be in district-level administration at some point, and it takes some schooling to get there. Eventually, we'll be out of school for good. Eventually. Now that Christmas Break is over, I'm back to work and that's about all (besides being a wife and mommy). This semester should be quite interesting as it is my first "testing season" as a school counselor. Junior Highs have TONS of tests, so that will consume a lot of my time. I actually have my first testing meeting tomorrow. I can't say I'm super excited, but its part of the job! Cade is in the middle of potty training. He is really good about going pee on the potty if I take him every hour, but not so great at volunteering. Twice tonight, however, he went to the bathroom, pulled down his pants, and went potty on his own. We are having a party around here and rewarding him like crazy! The pooping thing is not going too well, and any suggestions are welcomed! His new thing is to tell us what he likes and doesn't like. However, his likes are very situational as my child who never stops eating and will eat most anything told me the other day he didn't like food. This was because he didn't want to stop playing with his train set to come eat. It's so much fun to be bossed around by a two-year-old. For the record, I don't often do what he says! :)
We really enjoyed our Christmas Break together, but Cade was so ready to go back to the babysitter's today, and I didn't mind returning to my job. We're so blessed and so thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment